Tuesday 25 June 2013

Life's a bowl of cherries

Good evening dear blog people.

Hope you are all well and the weather is good.

For tonight's card I have tried something a bit different:




Firstly I made the backing paper using Whisper watercolour pens and SU Tart and Tangy stamps. Then I stamped the bowl of cherries using SU Cherish Friendship set and coloured with the Whisper pens. l then added my favourite Glossy Accents. The Tilda is Baking Tilda with wooden spoon also coloured with  the Whisper pens. Lastly the sentiment is Hero Arts What's Cooking. Phew what a long list!

The cherry bowl reminds me of a past hobby of mine - salt dough. I used to love the moulding process it was very therapeutic! Here's one of my cherry basket's:

                                            
 
I think this is why I love Glossy Accents so much, it reminds me of the varnish effect.
 
I used to sell at craft fayre's and one day would love to take it up again but a craft room is needed as it takes up a lot of room and the 'putting everything away' is not fun!
 
Anyway I think that's enough babbling or else you might nod off!
 
Ta ta for now.
 
Challenges:
Simon says stamps challenge    'Summer Fruits'  ( 17 hours left )
Marvelous Magnolia challenge   'Bright Colours'  ( 23 hours left )
My Mums Craft shop   'Dies, Dies, Dies'  ( 4 days left )  I used Spellbinders ovals
The Hobby House challenge  'Anything goes' ( 2 days left )  My second entry

3 comments:

  1. thank you so much for joining us for our very first challenge at the Hobby House
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sweet card Eve :) Love your sour dough cherry basket too! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, the glossy accents makes the cherries look good enough to eat! Also your salt dough creation is stunningly beautiful and something I'd buy from a craft fair, you must have and need patience for creating such a detailed piece. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
thanks for stoppin' by.
I'd love to receive a comment to prove that I'm not talking to myself!
Thanks
Eve x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...